Change Edition

Carbon monoxide leak prompts mass evacuation
Luxembourg

Carbon monoxide leak prompts mass evacuation

21.01.2015 From our online archive
Residents in a block of flats in Esch-sur-Alzette were evacuated on Tuesday evening after dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were detected.
21.08.12 Rettungsdienst,Notfall, Krankenwagen,Ambulance,Samu.Foto:Gerry Huberty

Residents in a block of flats in Esch-sur-Alzette were evacuated on Tuesday evening after dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were detected.

Ambulance workers recorded dangerously high levels of the toxic gas at the property in rue du Fossé. All residents were evacuated and taken to hospital as a precaution. The source of the gas was found to be a faulty boiler.

Do not miss the news - sign up to receive the wort.lu newsletter in English  delivered to your inbox six days a week.