Coalition talks schedule released
(CS) A schedule of talks, which will pave the way for the appointment of a new government, has been released, with Xavier Bettel, the official “formateur”, expected to meet with representatives from a variety of administrative branches.
The first meetings will take place on October 29 and October 30 at the Foreign Affairs Ministry. Xavier Bettel, as well as delegates from the DP, the LSAP and “déi Gréng” will meet with eight representatives from governmental services, as well as the national statistics office and the Central Bank to discuss the Grand Duchy's public finances.
The schedule runs as follows:
Tuesday, October 29 -
- 11am – Georges Heinrich – Director of the Treasury
- 11.30am – Jeannot Waringo – Director of the General Inspectorate of Finance
- 2pm – Romain Heinen – Director of the Administration for Registration and Domain Management
- 3pm – André Schott – Deputy Director of the Customs and Excise Administration
- 4pm – Guy Heintz – Director of the Direct Tax Administration
- 5pm – Serge Allegrezza – Director of STATEC
Wednesday, October 30 -
- 9am – Gaston Reinesch – President of the Luxembourg Central Bank (BCL)
- 10am – Robert Kieffer – President of the National Pension Insurance Fund
These will be the first in a series of talks to take place while the prospective coalition parties work on a joint programme and finalising the next government.
Bettel has previously said that he hopes the next government will be up and running by December. In the 2009 elections it took around one and a half months to install the CSV and LSAP coalition.