Audition for Luxembourg production of Oliver!
(CS) A Luxembourg production of popular musical Oliver! is hosting auditions for adult singing and non-singing roles in September, with principal parts, such as Fagin and Nancy, available alongside smaller roles.
The musical Oliver! is based on the Charles Dickens novel Oliver Twist and tells the story of a young boy who escapes a terrible orphanage and ends up in London, where he falls in with a gang of young crooks and pickpockets.
The musical premiered in 1960 in London's West End and has since had successful runs on Broadway, as well as touring productions in the UK, North America and Australia. The musical, written by Lionel Bart, has also been translated into a number of languages, including Dutch and Estonian.
Luxembourg theatre troupes Pirate Productions and the New World Theatre Club are now working on bringing the show to the Grand Duchy.
Auditions for child and young-adult roles already took place. Auditions for adult roles have been scheduled for September 13 and 20 at 2pm at the Kinneksbond in Mamer. Call-backs will take place later that month.
- Fagin: An elderly receiver - runs training academy for young pickpockets
- Bill Sykes: A villain in his prime
- Nancy: 23 years old - a graduate of Fagin's academy and Bill's doxy
- Mr Rumble: A large and pompous beadle of the workhouse
- Mrs Corney: A sharp-tongued, domineering widow - the workhouse mistress
- Mr Brownlow: An old gentleman of wealth and breeding (non singing part)
- Mr Sowerberry: The Undertaker
- Mrs Sowerberry: His overseer
- Mr Grimwig: A Doctor (non singing part)
- Mrs Bedwin: Brownlow's housekeeper
- Old Sally: A Pauper (non singing part)
For more information and to sign up for the auditions click here.