Firefighters avert toxic explosion
Firefighters avoided a potential disaster on Wednesday night when they cooled pressurised containers which were on the brink of exploding.
The call came from a warehouse on an industrial estate in Rodange at around 9.30pm where a potential leak of toxic materials was reported.
Pétange and Rodange firefighters secured the area and then cooled the containers using carbon foam before moving the contents to a new container.
The process took two hours in total to complete. No-one was injured.