Firefighters tackle six blazes, no injuries
Luxembourg firefighters had little time to celebrate on Tuesday when they were called out to six fires, some of which were suspected of being caused by fireworks.
The first call came at 6.30pm in rue des Vergers, in Remich, where a tree had caught fire. This was followed at 9pm by a call that a bin bag in the basement of a home in Niederkorn's rue Pierre Gansen had caught fire.
Shortly after midnight, a hedge was reported on fire in rue Langefeld, Colmar-Berg. At around 1.30am another bin caught fire in rue du Vieux Marché in Vianden and at 3.10am a bus shelter was reported on fire in rue Principale in Hagen.
The final call came at 4.30am when residents reported a chimney on fire in Am Hueschterterboesch, Senningerberg. No-one was reported injured in any of the incidents.
Emergency services also handled four road traffic collisions, including one between Warken and Welscheid, one at a roundabout in Esch-sur-Alzette resulting in no injuries, in Ettelbrück's Avenue Kennedy where a pedestrian was knocked over and in Schoenfels.