Change Edition

Gas explosion rips through Consdorf home
Luxembourg

Gas explosion rips through Consdorf home

04.05.2014 From our online archive
A gas explosion ripped through a family home in Consdorf on Saturday afternoon causing considerable damage in the kitchen and other rooms on the ground floor.

(ADW) A gas explosion ripped through a family home in Consdorf on Saturday afternoon causing considerable damage in the kitchen and other rooms on the ground floor.

A fire followed the explosion engulfing a stove in the kitchen and luckily a neighbour was able to rush to the scene with a fire extinguisher and bring the blaze under control.

Two people were in the house at the time of the blast, but despite the scale of the explosion and the damage caused, neither were injured in the accident.

Consdorf fire department arrived at the scene making sure the fire was extinguished and that no dangers remained, before temporarily patching up smashed windows, broken in the explosion.

It is suspected that the reason for the explosion was a leaking bottle of gas used in the kitchen.

One of the inhabitants was taken to hospital for examination.

Don't miss out on the news – sign up to receive the wort.lu newsletter in English delivered to your inbox six days a week.