Coalition talk leaders appointed
(CS/DS) Coalition talks between the DP, the LSAP and “déi Gréng” will continue on Monday and it has been revealed who will lead the different discussion groups, tackling topics from fiscal policy to economy, education, sustainability and foreign affairs.
It had been announced on Wednesday that coalition negotiations will last until November 29, when all meetings should be completed. Negotiations will consist of round table meetings with representatives from Luxembourg's different administrative branches.
At the same time, several working groups will start looking into the details of putting together a government programme for the next five years.
On Thursday, after another round of meetings between the three prospective coalition parties, it was announced who will chair these working groups.
- Claude Meisch (DP): Fiscal policy and the financial centre
- Etienne Schneider (LSAP): Economy, competitiveness, labour market, tourism, energy, middle classes, research
- Mars Di Bartolomeo (LSAP): Social policy, health, equal opportunities, special needs
- André Bauler (DP): Education, family, culture, sport, child care, higher education
- Felix Braz (déi Gréng): State affairs, institutions, judiciary, public sector reform, administrative procedures, data protection, religious affairs
- François Bausch (déi Gréng): Sustainability, infrastructure, transport, consumer protection, agriculture
- Maggy Nagel (DP): Housing and construction, municipalities, Greater Region, police and emergency services
- Jean Asselborn (LSAP): International affairs, Europe, defense, development aid, immigration
Coalition talks on working group level will begin Monday, with the next round table discussions scheduled for Tuesday.