House fire destroys roof in Differdange
(ADW) Two policemen suffered from serious smoke inhalation when they ran into a blazing building in an attempt to make sure nobody was inside. They were rushed to hospital.
The fire broke out in a house located on Rue Kelvert, in Differdange, shortly after 11am on Thursday morning
When firefighters arrived, flames were rising above the roof with thick smoke billowing from the building. They were quickly able to bring the blaze under control before the fire was able to spread to adjoining houses.
According to witnesses, one of the inhabitants of the house is said to have expressed their suspicion that some kind of incendiary device was to blame.
A police spokesman told wort.lu that so far there was no indication of such an act but could ascertain that the fire originated in the area around the building's chimney. An investigation has now been launched.