Nature organisation wants new ministry for Luxembourg
(CS) With election fever slowly picking up in Luxembourg, “Natur&Ëmwelt”, a not-for-profit dedicated to protecting Luxembourg's wildlife, has called for the creation of a new ministry for nature and the environment.
The organisation claims that the Ministry for Infrastructure and Sustainable Development, created in 2009, has brought a series of problems, aggravated by a lack of communication, dual responsibilities and issues of delegating authority.
“Natur&Ëmwelt” therefore concludes that the best solution to meet the challenges of promoting sustainability and protecting the environment would be a separate ministry.
The not-for-profit is also urging the next government to increase the budget for the protection of nature, as well as using resources more efficiently.
The organisation has put together six further recommendations, which include:
- sustainable regional planning;
- nature friendly and forward-looking agriculture;
- a new nature protection law;
- stronger protection of Luxembourg's waters and a corresponding water management policy;
- forestry committed to protecting nature;
- more information and awareness raising about sustainable development among the general public;
For more information about "Natur&Ëmwelt" click here.