Change Edition

Pets rescued from house fire
Luxembourg

Pets rescued from house fire

21.07.2015 From our online archive
Twelve pets were rescued from a home in Esch/Alzette on Tuesday morning after a fire broke out while the residents were on holiday.

Twelve pets were rescued from a home in Esch/Alzette on Tuesday morning after a fire broke out while the residents were on holiday.

The blaze began at around 9am in the kitchen of the property in rue d'Ehlerange. Neighbours had called emergency services after hearing an explosion. The cause of the fire has, however, not yet been confirmed.

According to police, no people were hurt by the fire since the residents left on holiday earlier in the morning. Twelve pets meanwhile had to be rescued from the house and were taken to a veterinarian for a check-up.

The motorway was closed by the Esch/Alzette roundabout because of smoke during the morning.

The kitchen was damaged in the fire, with the house expected to be uninhabitable for the near future.

Do not miss the news - sign up to receive the wort.lu newsletter in English delivered to your inbox six days a week.