Red alert for Bettembourg chimney fire
(ADW) A great emergency alarm was triggered on Sunday evening in Rue Charles Jacquinot, Bettembourg after a report of a fire in a family home. Initial reports stated that there were still people inside the house. However when firefighters arrived at the scene the situation was proved to be a little less serious.
A fireplace in the house had ignited, but the occupants were not at home at the time. A examination showed that no symptoms of toxic smoke was present. Firefighters managed to present flames from spreading beyond the chimney area. Further pockets of fire were discovered with the use of thermal imaging cameras but quickly extinguished.