Residents evacuated over mystery fumes
There was excitement in Esch-sur-Alzette on Tuesday night when residents reported fumes at an address in the town centre.
Firefighters were at the scene in “rue Dicks” at around 9pm where they found the source of the fumes within a shop.
They evacuated residents from their homes and, as a large crowd formed to watch, they spent an hour ventilating the shop.
Don't miss out on the news – sign up to receive the wort.lu newsletter in English delivered to your inbox six days a week.