The Royal Opera House comes live to Luxembourg
(CS) With live screenings from the Bolshoï in Moscow and the National Theatre in London already available in Luxembourg, the “Centre National de l'Audiovisuel” (CNA) is adding to the list of international culture at the cinema with a season of the Royal Opera House in the UK capital.
The CNA will exclusively show five operas and five ballets straight from the famous opera house in Covent Garden at its cinema CinéStarlight.
The season runs from September 2013 until June 2014:
- September 17 – 8.30pm – Puccini's Turandot (opera – 108')
- October 16 – 8.30pm – Petipa/Minkus's Don Quixote (ballet – 108')
- November 4 – 7pm – Verdi's Les Vêpres Siciliennes (opera – 285')
- December 12 – 8.30pm – Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker (ballet – 130')
- December 18 – 6pm – Wagner's Parsifal (opera – 330')
- January 27 – 8.30pm – Coralli/Perrot/Adam's Giselle (ballet – 150')
- February 12 – 8pm – Mozart's Don Giovanni (opera – 220')
- March 3 – 8.30pm – Tchaikovsky's The Sleeping Beauty (ballet – 190')
- April 28 – 8.30pm – Wheeldon's The Winter's Tale (ballet)
- June 24 – 8pm – Puccini's Manon Lescaut (opera)
The operas will be screened in their original language with French subtitles. Refreshments are offered in the interval.
Tickets cost 28 euros (23 euros concessions) from the CNA in Dudelange or via the online box office at cna.public.lu
Watch a preview of the opening opera Turandot above and see more production videos and behind the scenes clips on the Royal Opera House's YouTube channel.